Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Think about this.......

I can not stress this enough for any pregnant woman- Do your research for anything you are tested for (before you get tested) & make an informed decision. Many doctors do "routine" test simply because that's what everybody else does. They don't know anything about the illness, the rate of accurate/inaccurate results, or "treatments" that are proven safe & effective.
Since many women don't have much personal experience (most only have 1-2 children) when is comes to pregnancy they tend to trust whatever their doctor says. Now here's the thing- Good old doc. may have the experience of watching women be pregnant, on & off for nine months, But in my book that in now way can make him/her more of an expert than someone who has physically been pregnant & given birth. So, why is it than that so many women trust their male doctor to know so much about the natural workings of the female body, pregnancy & birth? Why would you not question the theories of these doctors?
I have lots to say on the subject & will add to this post later- I have run out of time.

2 comments:

Youthleadergina said...

a family member of mine does not tell anyone she is pregnant until all the DNA tests and things come back...just so she can "terminate" with out us knowing. I know this is an incredibly personal decision, but you have to know these tests are not always accurate (or maybe the defect isn't as bad as the doctor says it will be). I know she has suffered a great loss and guilt from ending a pregnancy and wishes to keep it all very private. My heart goes out to her. Regardless of the choice the woman makes,they need the love and support of their families. What a heavy burden to bare alone.

Ms D said...

That is so sad. I will keep her in my prayers. I agree with you- even though I may not agree with a decision someone makes we all do need to show them love, especially at a time like that.